Monday, November 16, 2009

2 for the Price of 1

Tonight for dinner we are having Nachos, very simple and not even a recipe, really. Here is how I make them.

1 package of hamburger
Tortilla Chips
Tostitos Jar Cheese
Tomatoes
Olives

I cook up the hamburger and load my chips up with hamburger, cheese and veggies. I may even try black beans tonight, I havn't decided. Anyways, really simple dinner and it sounds yummy!

Here is the recipe I've been meaning to post from last week. Last Thursday I made Chicken Roll-Ups...

Flavorful Chicken Roll-Ups ( I didn't make this much, but you can do with it what you will)

Ingredients:
6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 Package sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese (I use shredded because that is what I had)
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 ts. dried oregano

1. Flatten chicken to 1/3 inch thickness. Place on cheese slice on each piece of chicken and roll up tightly, secure with a toothpick.

2. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat chicken with flour. Dip in egss, then coast with bread crumbs.

3. Place seam side down in an ungreased 2-1/2 qt. bakeing dish. Combine butter and oregano, drizzle over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks.

* It had been my first time trying this but it turned out to be really yummy. I served it with some parm. noodles and corn.

**Coming in the next few days: Thanksgiving post! Start thinking of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes/dishes and we will share them soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment